Shall I list the ways?
1. I gave them my new insurance information. For days my account reflected that verification was pending. Great! Until…they lost my insurance information? What? So I had to give them the information again and wait all over again.
2. My credit card information, for billing my portion of payment, was incorrectly entered not one time. No, not even two times. It was incorrectly entered THREE times. That’s right, ladies and gentlemen….the customer service reps can’t handle numbers. Then they insinuated that I was trying to pull one over on them and made it very clear that my order would NOT be shipped until they were paid.
3. I placed the order online. I asked for it to be shipped to my parent’s address, not my billing address. When they called me to reobtain my billing info, I confirmed this shipping preference with them every time. Every time they assured me it would be sent to my parent’s address. (I don’t like to get packages here – if no one is home they leave the packages in the lobby, which is not locked. I don’t trust the people in my building not to take things not addressed to them.) However, today, 12 days after placing the order….I finally receive confirmation that it was mailed. To MY address…..the one I DIDN’T want it shipped to.
4. The customer service rep I spoke to about this told me he would contact UPS and ‘try’ to get it rerouted. Try? Excuse me sir, your company sent hundreds of dollars worth of supplies to the wrong address, after already collecting payment from me, and you’ll TRY to reroute it? DO IT!!!
5. One of the items I ordered (t:slim cartridges) was backstocked. When I asked for an estimate on when it might come back in stock the rep told me he’d check – lo and behold he found what I needed in one of their Florida warehouses and said they’d have that shipped right away (I asked him to make sure it went to the right address this time…). Why wasn’t that the FIRST thing they did? Why, unless I asked, was I going to have to wait some indeterminate amount of time for them to get to that warehouse in Ohio, to then be sent to me, when I placed my order 12 days ago and already paid them almost $500 out of pocket?????
I have NEVER had issues with this company before. Before this week I’d have highly recommended them to anyone needing to order insulin pump supplies. However, after all of this, I no longer recommend them. If it were a matter of even just one of these things happening…sure, I can overlook that. But messing up my insurance info, my billing info (3x), my shipping information, and putting me on a ‘backstock wait list’ after already collecting payment from me for an order placed almost 2 weeks ago…..I refuse to recommend them to anyone.
Unfortunately, it’s going to be difficult to find someone else my insurance contracts with who I can go to for these supplies.
EDIT TO ADD: Apparently the guy (Darryl? or something like that) I spoke to at Edgepark, who told me he’d try to get my box rerouted, didn’t do it. I got home from work to find a ‘we tried to deliver’ tag. I’m thankful UPS did not leave the package in the unlocked lobby, but still…..now my medical supplies are sitting in limbo. Am I supposed to put my life on hold to wait for a box (that could be delivered between 10am and 5pm)? Oh, wait….I asked for it to go somewhere else, where it could be delivered, so I wouldn’t have to put my life on hold! What great forethought on my part….too bad Edgepark seems to think sending things just anywhere is an A-OK business practice. Way to go Edgepark….you just keep getting better and better.